Being Black in The World
- Readers of contemporary nonfiction on the themes of race, racism, social justice, identity, othering
- Readers of personal essays by novelists and poets
- Readers of White Fragility: Why It's So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism by Robin DiAngelo; Black is the Body by Emily Bernard; Good Talk by Mira Jacob; White Girls by Hilton Als; Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
KEY SELLING POINTS
- Williams offers a personal “outsider’s” perspective on issues on race and recent events in the U.S.
- His voice is lyrical and engaging, the voice of a world-class novelist and prize-winning poet